LD: #40 – Strategies to High Reliability with Craig Clapper
Topics discussed on this episode include:
- Business Acumen: Which will include Craig’s background and overview of Press Ganey
- Current state: Discuss current strategies and opportunities for improvement in aiding healthcare organizations how to achieve and sustain High Reliable Organization (HRO) status.
- Performance excellence challenges in the Age of Consumerism: Understanding how Consumerism impacts the inter-relations among quality improvement, process improvement, Baldrige Framework and high reliability in health systems.
Craig Clapper/Press Ganey
Craig Clapper is a founding partner of Healthcare Performance Improvement (HPI) and a partner in Press Ganey Transformational Advisory Services. HPI is a group that specializes in improving human performance in complex systems using evidence-based methods from high-reliability organizations. Craig has 30 years experience improving reliability in nuclear power, transportation, manufacturing, and healthcare. He specializes in cause analysis, system reliability, and safety culture transformation. Craig has led safety culture transformation engagements for Duke Energy, US Department of Energy, ABB, Westinghouse, Framatome ANP, Sentara Healthcare, and Sharp Healthcare.
Prior to being a partner in Press Ganey Transformational Services, Craig was the Chief Knowledge Officer of HPI, the Chief Operating Officer of HPI, the Chief Operating Officer of Performance Improvement International, Systems Engineering Manager for Hope Creek Nuclear Generating Station, and Systems Engineering Manager for Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Station.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering, Iowa State University
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure in Mechanical Engineering, State of Arizona
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), American Society for Quality (ASQ)
About SOAR Vision Group
The SOAR Vision Group mission is to: Align People with Purpose to Achieve Exceptional Results. SOAR provides best practice strategy execution, business process optimization services, and a structured organizational development approach for organizations to effectively implement the Baldrige Performance Excellence framework. For more information, contact SOAR Vision Group at (888) 294-3303 or visit soarvisiongroup.com.
About the Baldrige Foundation
The mission of the Baldrige Foundation is to ensure the long-term financial growth and viability of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, and to support organizational performance excellence in the United States and throughout the world. The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is presented annually by the United States President to organizations that demonstrate quality and performance excellence. For more information, contact the Baldrige Foundation at (202) 559-9195 or visit baldrigefoundation.org.
Organizational Hierarchy of Needs
Everybody has a playbook. Execution is the challenge. That’s why 7 of 8 companies failed to achieve profitable growth. Any slips or missteps can be disastrous. Let’s talk about your Successful Strategy Execution.