Ben Sawyer and Al Faber
In this follow-up deep dive Leader Dialogue episode, hosts Ben Sawyer and Duffie Dixon continue the “Baldrige Journey – Pursuing Performance Excellence” discussion with Al Faber, the President & CEO of the Baldrige Foundation, clarifying what it takes for organizations and people to succeed.
Listen in to learn…
1. What effective leaders do to succeed
2. How to overcome the organizational gaps in knowledge, performance, and visibility
3. How to identify the “metrics that matter” to improve organizational performance
4. How to overcome employee behaviors expressed as “it’s not my job” and “we’ve always done it that way”
5. How to tie these key performance excellence principles back to the visual Baldrige organizational hierarchy of needs, clarifying the critical aspects of performance, and specifying where innovation is necessary to achieve sustainable organizational and personal success
Al Faber/Baldrige Foundation
Al Faber was named President and CEO of the Baldrige Foundation in July 2014. The Mission of the Baldrige Foundation is to ensure the long-term financial growth and viability of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, and to support organizational performance excellence in the United States and throughout the world. Prior to joining the Foundation, Al served as President & CEO of The Partnership for Excellence (TPE).
Prior to that, Al served in federal and state government culminating in executive positions and leading more than 11,500 employees, with 65 major facilities, a 250 million dollar operating budget and real property exceeding $2.1 billion dollars. He has provided executive leadership, establishing policies, priorities and oversight of federal budgets, operations and training, personnel, logistical operations and infrastructure management to include numerous construction programs. He is driven to create winning organizational results with a deep sense of commitment to public service.